About Kratom (Mitragyna Speciosa)
Out of the jungles of Southeast Asia comes Mitragyna Speciosa (aka kratom or ketum), a tropical evergreen tree in the coffee family (Rubiaceae) whose leaves have long been used by locals for various reasons.
Over the years, kratom has adapted to the different regions it grows in, which has caused it to evolve into a variety of strains and types.
Kratom by Color
- Red Vein Kratom: Historically grown in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.
- Green Vein Kratom: Historically grown in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand
- White Vein Kratom: Historically grown in Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Yellow Vein Kratom: Histoically a blended kratom that is dried in a specific way. Some vendors call it “Yellow Vein”, but we feel that this term is not accurate based on yellow vein leaves not existing in the wild.
Legit Kratom Strains
- Red Strains: Premium Bali, Red Bali, Red Borneo, Red Maeng-Da, and Red Malay
- Green Strains: Green Bali, Green Borneo, Green Maeng-Da, Green Malay, Super Green Thai, and Super Indo
- White Strains: White Borneo, White Maeng-Da, White Malay, and White Sulawesi
- Yello Strains: Yellow Borneo, Yellow Maeng-Da, Yellow Malay, and Yellow Sulawesi
Kratom has a long history in Southeast Asia. Going back as far as 1836 and probably long before that, the botanical has been used for a wide variety of reasons. As such, the plant is grown as a traditional crop and fits within long-held local customs that have become part of the culture in this area of the world.
Sustainability Is Important To Us
Sustainable kratom farming methods are key. If a natural strain of kratom is not harvested sustainably, it may disappear forever, taking a community’s livelihood with it. Knowing which strains to harvest and when is considered an art that’s passed down from generation to generation. Taking too much from one area will destroy the crop, leaving no means of earning an income for future generations. The last thing we wish to do is upset the delicate balance of tradition and commerce. That’s why Legit Kratom supports sustainable farming practices and upholds ethical business policies.
Harvesting & Drying Processes
Kratom plants or trees thrive under wild, natural conditions and we have found the best quality kratom to be wild harvested. Most producers are considered harvesters since they must search out and harvest the product. They use methods they’ve used for centuries: only the mature plants are taken, leaving the younger plants to grow and thrive. Then, the traditional drying process is carried out precisely as it’s been for hundreds of years. Indoor drying structures with special drying racks ensure a dark, cool climate and plenty of circulation. This ensures the highest quality kratom.
Bringing Kratom to the World Market
In order to supply this growing demand in the West while preserving traditional culture where kratom is grown, it’s key to focus on sustainability in the growing process. It’s companies that care who will lead the way in scaling the kratom market ethically and sustainably.
Want to try our superior quality kratom? Simply give us a call or order kratom here and see for yourself why so many people choose us to be their go to kratom supplier. It’s our pleasure to offer you unsurpassed quality and customer service.